Department of Opthalmology
Our Department is committed to advancing the understanding and treatment of ocular disorders. As we are a part of a renowned teaching hospital we use state of the art modalities to provide the best training to our students and the best possible care to our patients. We are equipped with the most modern technology such as Phacoemulsification, Perimeter, Ophthalmoscope and Retinoscope, Fundus Floorosein Angiography Camera, Green Laser, Cryo Unit, Keratometer, Indirect Ophthalmoscope, Synoptomphore, Operating microscope with TV Unit with camera, Slit lamp etc.
Our department is dedicated to the causes of vision disorders, to preventing them and to treating them should they occur. We aim at training future leaders in ophthalmology to be able to excel in their field as well as in researches and patient care.
We impart education to our Undergraduate students through both clinical and theory classes taken by the best in their field. The Post Graduate teaching consists of clinic internship, case presentations, seminars etc.
1. O.P. Services: Daily from 09.00am to 02.00pm Daily O.P. censes 250
2. Theatre: Surgeries are being done from Monday to Saturday
3. Camps: Cataract cases are screened for surgery under NPCB in remote areas. Patients are being screened and brought to the Hospital for surgery. School healthprogrammes are conducted.
4. Referral Services: Cases are being referred from PHC’s and Community Hospitals.
5. Teaching: Teaching of UG students, PG students and Para Medical students is being done in the Hospital from 09.00am to 04.00pm and in Guntur Medical College from 01.00pm to 04.00pm.
6. Diagnostic Services: Are done with Applanation tonometry, Pachymetry, Keratometry, A-Scan, B-Scan, Humphrey’s Field Analyser, Green Laser, Fundus Photography and Indirect Ophthalmoscope.